Friday, October 30, 2009

Going Too Far

I don't know how often I've mentioned them, but I know for a fact that my hatred of Nickelback has popped up several times in this blog, notably in my Pop Evil post and my stereotypical Facebook profiles. Well, I've just found a Facebook group that fits me perfectly. I have now become a "Fan" of "Not Listening to Nickelback." While I haven't explored this page on Facebook too much, I've seen some stuff I like. And the group has over 15,000 fans so I know I'm not alone. Now I have an outlet (besides this blog) to vent my anger and dislike of one of my passionate hatreds in life.

However, I did find a disturbing video on this Facebook page that I think needs to be mentioned, and it actually brings Nickelback up a level in my eyes, from incredibly shitty up to mostly shitty. The video is of the group performing at a metal festival or something (yes Nickelback performed at a metal festival that was headlined by Slipknot). They got 2 songs in and when singer Chad Kroeger tried to talk to the crowd, he got virtually no reaction. When he turned his back to get ready for the next song, someone pelted him in the head with a rock. Now I hate Nickelback, but that's just wrong. As far as I've read, they were thrown a lot of money to perform at this festival, so you really can't blame them for taking the payched and playing where they don't belong. And throwing rocks at people is going too far. No one deserves that treatment, no matter how shitty and untalented they are. Anyway, Kroeger's reaction was pretty good. He just says, "See ya," and walks off the stage. However, just before he gets out of sight, he gives the crowd the finger. Probably as good a reaction as one could have, and I found it amusing. Much better reaction than when Guns 'n Roses walked off the stage in St. Louis years ago. I think G'NR actually put something like "Screw you St. Louis" somewhere in one of their CD cases. Anyway, I've included the video because I thoroughly enjoyed Kroeger's reaction. Some fans really need to know when they are crossing the line and going too far. Idiots.

No comments: