Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Some More Thoughts


This is my one more update saying I'm going to do better at updating. We'll see, but I've just finished another round of schooling and that took up a lot of my free time over the past year so maybe things will be better. A couple of thoughts, and an update.

First off, even though Halloween season is over, I urge everyone who enjoys Halloween and horror movies to keep it going for a bit longer. I mean, until December, what do we really have to look forward to...Thanksgiving? It's an ok holiday, but I've never been a fan at all. It's a boring day in my family and has gotten even more boring since I moved to Louisville. I love spending time with my family, but sitting in the house all day with them and nothing else to do gets to be too much. And everyone else I know always has plans, so what's there for me to do. On the plus side, I can almost guarantee a StLouisville post that day because I'll have very little else to do. So I know I personally am going to celebrate Halloween until December. I just may watch a horror movie tonight.

In anticipation of a likely shitty winter, I've braced myself for an early start. Needless to say I've been pleasantly surprised with how things have turned out so far in November. Into the past week, I've still seen bees and mosquitos alive outside, and that's rare at this time of year. And it's still supposed to get into the 60's next week so things are looking up for the near future.

The Third Annual Krispy Kreme race has been postposed due to a scheduling conflict. I'm not sure if it will be postponed for a day or for 2 weeks, but it is guaranteed to happen very soon. I mean, it's supposed to be 61 and sunny on Saturday. The last two times this has been done, it's been like 30 degrees and windy. I hate the winter weather, but this is an event that just doesn't seem right unless the weather is horrendous.

And finally a major update. I intend to keep StLouisille online for a great long while, but I've also come up with a great idea for a new blog. It's going to be a weekly update (maybe sometime bi-weekly) with a very narrow focus. I'm actually going to go ahead and set up the site right now and put the thing in motion. The plan is to get 4-5 weeks ahead before I put it officially online around the first of the year, but I'm really looking forward to this one. I only had to wait until I was out of school because this was going to require a very small weekly investment on my part and I had no money (still don't but I should very soon). I'll post the link, as I said, right around the first of the year.

No comments: