Friday, October 2, 2009

The Least Shitty of Them All

I posted about this last year and I'll do it again today. October has begun and that's a bittersweet thing for me. I hate fall and winter. But of all the fall and winter months, I find October to be the least shitty (followed closely by December). This is because I am really into holidays, and Halloween and Christmas are awesome. The reason October is over December is because of the weather. I hate cold weather, and at least it's October and I can still wear shorts.

Halloween is amazing. Horror movies and Halloween candy make it a highlight of my year. On Cinemassacre.com, one of my favorite websites, James Rolfe (aka The Angry Video Game Nerd) is doing "Monster Madness" which means he will post a horror movie review every day. I have been accumulating horror movies all of September in anticipation of a great October. I can't wait.

But October isn't just about Halloween. It means Pumpkin Season has also begun!!! I am passionate about this, as I proved with my post last year. And once again, assuming I don't get sick again, I plan to consume a pumpkin item every day from now until December 1. I don't know if it will happen, but I intend to give it the old college try.

Today the International Olympic Committee is voting on the location of the 2016 Olympics. Being pathetic as I am, I'm watching the voting live on universalsports.com. I have to be honest, it's painfully boring. I wish I had gotten up for the final presentations before the vote, but my first day off in a month meant excessive amounts of sleep were more important than anything.

Well fuck, just as I'm typing this, Chicago is the first of the 4 cities eliminated from the Olympic voting. Just shows you that once again, the international sporting community hates America. That's why sports like baseball are no longer on the Olympic program. And to think, Chicago was really one of the 2 favorites today.

No comments: