Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pumpkins and TP


Pumpkin season has officially begun, and I'm beyond excited. My goal is to eat at least one pumpkin item every day between now and December 1. A lofty goal, I know but one I believe I can achieve. I began three nights ago with pumpkin pie from Frisch's, then had a delectable Pumpkin Pie Blizzard from DQ two nights ago. Last night I purchased what will undoubtedly be my saving grace on this quest: Pumpkin Delights. These are true to their name, as they are a delightful snack put out by Little Debbie (that bitch knows some snack cakes), and are small and cheap enough that if it gets to be 11:00 at night and I haven't had my pumpkin fix, I can grab one of those. I look forward to a holiday season filled with pumpkin EVERYTHING!!

On another note, I was in the bathroom the other day and came to a serious revelation. Why is the toilet paper roll always so low to the floor? I would assume this is done under the assumption that people wipe sitting down. But I know I can't do that. And the last thing I want to do after soiling any toilet is to bend down three feet just to get some TP. So why don't they start putting the roll up about 4-5 feet high. I know I wouldn't mind having to reach up to get my asswipe.

The weather here in Louisville has officially turned from summer to fall. And I couldn't be angrier. I am already missing the 90 degree days with a heat index of 105. But I guess we can't always get what we want. Right now it's about 55 degrees and will only top out at about 67. The overnight lows are regularly in the high 40's. It was pretty much like day and night. It was pretty hot last week and then all of a sudden the bottom dropped out. And most people are probably loving this "beautiful fall weather," but it's making me miserable. All this does to me is make me think of how bad the weather will be in a month. Oh well, I'll live with the somewhat warm weather while I can.

On a positive note, I had lost my copy of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out but thanks to the wonder that is Facebook (I know it has a lot of critics) I found it. Turns out I had lent it to a friend of mine. I changed my profile on Facebook to say that I was missing my game, and my friend immediately got in touch with me and told me he had it. So no matter what anyone says, Facebook did me some good in my life. Now I can begin my quest for a third Perfect Punch-Out!!

1 comment:

JohnDSTL said...

Facebook knew you lost Punch Out, then returned it to you?
The machines are alive!