Friday, June 5, 2009

Too Much is Too Much

Dammit, I've got plenty of material and I've just been too lazy to post. But today is going to be very impassioned, because I absolutely HATE what I'm writing about.

Pop Evil

If you don't know who they are, count yourself lucky. I only know one song they ever wrote, but it is among my least favorite songs ever. Have you ever heard the song "100 in a 55"? Hopefully not. First off, this song is continuing this unpleasant trend of groups that are trying to consider themselves "Rock", but instead are some form of hybrid of who knows what (at least they're not Nickelback...I'll get to them some other day).

Anyway, I don't have a whole lot to say about this, but this song has the distinction of having one of the worst song lyrics I've EVER heard. "Too much is never enough, and too little is never enough." Does anyone else see why the hell I have a problem with this lyric. Actually, looking at it right in front of me, it isn't one of the worst lyrics I've ever heard...IT IS THE WORST LYRIC I'VE EVER HEARD!!!

How the hell is "too much" never enough. By definition, "too much" is actually more than enough, so that lyric doesn't make sense. And then they follow it up with the real winner, "Too little is never enough." NO SHIT!!! Too little isn't enough because once again, by definition, too little is NOT ENOUGH!!! FUCK!! Pop Evil has joined the ranks of Nickelback and Pink Floyd as groups whose music I can identify by the first few notes of a song, allowing me to turn that shit off before more than 5 seconds have elapsed. I hate that song, and every time I hear it I am tempted to call into the radio station and question why the hell they would play something so idiotic.

On another note, I hate songs that use the term "Rock and Roll" in their lyrics, and Pop Evil wins another point by throwing that one in there a few times. I don't know why I don't like it, but when I think of the good, classic 80's and even 90's music I listen to, I just think "Rock" and not "Rock and Roll." Very few songs can use that term within their lyrics effectively...though I can think of 1 or 2 that have. 100 in a 55 is not one of those songs.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Motorhead uses the term "Rock and Roll" a LOT. And they rule.