Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Thoughts For The Day


Just a day after reporting about the weather being so great here, I have been given reports of the weather in St. Louis. As of this writing, it is rainy and 68 in St. Louis, thanks to Hurricane Gustav. Of course, I'm still living it up here in Louisville in the 85 degree weather...heat index over 90. The day it dips below 65 degrees for the high temperature, I believe I may cry...or maybe I'll still jump in my pool, which will be going strong until Thanksgiving.

My roommate brought up a great idea for a winter use for the pool. He suggested we buy some catfish, put the pool out in our front yard, and go fishing from the front porch, while drinking beers and grilling out. This can be done in any weather. It would just be ice fishing during the winter. That got me thinking: how much would it cost to buy 10 live catfish?? Well, upon doing a little bit of research, I couldn't find a good price, but I did find some fish brokers who specialize in the sale of live fish, both for cooking and for stocking lakes. So I didn't get a quote, but I found what I thought was a great site: Imperial Catfish. The logo is what did it for me.

On a separate note, I have found a destination for a pilgrimage in the future. I don't know how I didn't discover it before this, but my blog has a namesake and a sister city. It is, of course, St. Louisville, OH. It is a mere 250 miles from Louisville, but a whopping 477 miles from St. Louis. However, this is a definite option because I intend to make a trip for another eating challenge in the future to central Ohio, and this place will not be too far out of the way. While this trip is probably a long way in the future, I fully intend to blog about the history of the city as well as my experience visiting the town that was named after my blog.

On a final note, in response to my cartoon post I have decided to get some of my old favorites in the mail via Netflix. The first disc of Darkwing Duck should arrive in the mail today. I will report on how well the show holds up, but I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation of viewing this childhood classic.

No comments: