Friday, September 12, 2008

Fatigue and Pop Tarts

As I write this, at roughly 11:00 AM while sitting in my desk at work, I am currently very tired and uncomfortable. Whoever said that running and hard exercise make you feel better was way off. I guess that may be a bit of an exaggeration, because I really enjoy endurance sports and being in great shape, but running in the morning does two things to me that are polar opposites: give me a great outlook on the day (because my run is done), and makes trying to sit still incredibly uncomfortable and stiff. I remember days when I was in college, running 15 miles before night class and trying to sit through a 3 hour class. All I did was squirm, try to stretch, and think about food and sleep...it didn't help that I hated night classes at the time.

The food situation here is better than it was during my night class days....Pop Tarts and chocolate milk (which has electrolytes and aids in runners' recovery, believe it or not). I've recently discovered a new kind of Pop Tart that I think is now on closeout. They are blue raspberry flavored and for all you American Idol fans, they feature trivia. The flavor isn't too bad, especially if you like blue raspberry, and it makes looking past the annoying design much easier. It cost me $2.00 for a box of 12...how can you beat that. I also picked up a $2.00 box of Barbie Island Berry flavored Tarts this morning, which is what is going to sustain me until lunch time.

"Did you ever notice how men always leave the toilet seat up?..............That's the joke." McBain said those immortal words in his classic flick McBain: Let's Get Silly. This is one of my favorite McBain scenes ever, and in thinking about it, I did a web search and came up with this gem of a website. Why would anyone waste their time on such a simple, useless, and nonsensical site? Because they can. I applaud this person and their vision of a website to replay, over and over, this classic scene from Simpsons lore, most likely for his or her own entertainment, and maybe that of a few close friends.

2 comments:

JohnDSTL said...

I think your links may be jacked up.

Andrew said...

I believe they are now fixed.