Saturday, February 6, 2010

I'm Not Alone

So I recently stumbled upon a pair of connected sites that have really made me feel good about my personal opinions. By now my readers (do I really have readers or just a few folks who check the site randomly) had better know who my least favorite band is. And I've always known that Nickelback is a critically panned group, but I always find amusement in the fact that there are a lot of other people just like me who not only hate them, but find new and creative ways to show their displeasure that a group like this even has the nerve to make money off their lack of talent.

First off, anti-Nickelback groups on Facebook aren't anything new. I became a fan recently of a group call "Not Listening to Nickelback." While I thought that was funny, I found my most recent discovery much better due to the fact that it not only has a Facebook group, but a related blog. The group is called "Can This Pickle Get More Fans than Nickelback?" And you've got it, the page is just a large picture of a pickle with a wall for people to post their dislike for Nickelback. The page has over 100,000 fans so far and is constantly growing!! I can't get over this, but then to top it all off someone (I'm guessing the creator of the page) began a blog on Blogspot to supplement the Facebook page. The link can be found here.

It's always nice to know when you are not the only one who has strong opinions about something. I began disliking Nickelback a long time ago, but in the past 6 months I have discovered a large support group online that has helped me know that I am one of hundreds of thousands of people who feel the same way. If only there could be this kind of support for people with real problems, our world would be a much better place.

No comments: