Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Golden BS


I've made a recent discovery that has me rather disturbed. I was excited to purchase a box of Froot Loops on sale a few weeks ago. I'm generally not a huge fan of the cereal, but once in a blue moon the craving for a a fruit-flavored circle of grains and sugars arises within me, so I made the purchase.

I didn't look too closely at the box when I bought it, but once I went to pour some cereal the next morning I noticed an unpleasant new cereal piece in my box: Golden Bars. WTF!!!

Last I checked, I had purchased a box of Froot LOOPS!! I didn't sign on for golden bars!! Those aren't even circular in the least. I can understand throwing in another flavor of loops, as Kellogg's has a tendency to change up their cereals on a semi-regular basis. They added new marshmallow shapes to Lucky Charms, made Vanilla/Chocolate Cocoa Puffs (kind of an abomonation in itself)...but now this shit. I don't want bars in my Froot Loops...I want LOOPS in my Froot Loops!! Why not start throwing "Z's" in my CheeriO's, or put dried apricots in my Raisin Bran!!!

This is just another idiotic way for a corporation to grab kids' attention and try to get them to nag the shit out of their parents to try the new form of Froot Loops. Golden Bars!! Why not make them golden LOOPS, geniuses?? Kellogg's, you can kiss my ass!!!

No comments: