Friday, May 9, 2008

More Crappy Weather and an Update

One would find it very difficult to convince me that May isn't the best month of the year. I think this belief stems from the fact that May always meant the end of school for 21 years of my life (that in itself is crazy, to think that there have only been 7 years that I haven't been a student in my entire life). But more than that, May has always meant a lot to me. March and April begin to signal the end of winter, which I hate with a passion anyway. But May is really the first month of the year where the weather really starts to calm down and feel like summer. So needless to say, these past few days have made me quite angry. We had about 4 days of perfect weather before it went to hell on Wednesday. Nothing but rain and clouds for almost 3 entire days now. CRAP!!

But I can't complain too much. This month has brought a lot of great things to me. My brother got married, I played golf at an amazing country club, I just found out that I got accepted to go back to school once again (so that 7 year figure will stay that way), and most importantly, I have received good news from my apartment complex.

Yes, they are starting to cave. After getting into negotiations with them for a few weeks about changing apartments, our conversations stalled due to them not emailing me back. So I decided to send them a nice email about the rotted wood and mildew in my walls. Well, due to the fact that I had already complained about this twice before, they finally decided to check it out and found some bad stuff on the outside of the building, including cracks in the walls that had been allowing water in for quite some time. At that point, the assured me that they would do what they could to fix it, but if a lot of work had to be done, then they would let me out of my lease. And they told me that most likely a LOT of work would have to be done. So the next day I found out that they caulked (yes, they CAULKED) the walls on the outside to prevent the water from getting in, and that a contractor would be called this week to get the drywall in my apartment fixed. Now I don't know what they think they will accomplish with this, but I plan to remind them that this is nothing but a temporary fix (which they said themselves). But right now they are acting as if they have the problem solved, and are not emailing me back once again. Did that caulk MAGICALLY get rid of all that mildew and rotting wood?? Amazing!! So if they tell me I have to stay in that apartment, I am going to threaten to call a health inspector on their asses. I know this is probably an empty threat, but who knows. A friend of mine spoke to her landlord, who was kind enough to tell her that situations like mine with the mildew and rotting wood are common in apartments, and that the landlords rarely win when it comes to these cases. So I guess we'll see. I'll keep posting the emails on my website so keep checking them out.

On a random note, my dog was really annoying the hell out of me the other day, so I farted in his face. Serves him right.

No comments: